MIT Commerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
Our core platform is flexible, and amplified by a global community.
Whether you’re launching a business, taking brick-and-mortar retail online, or developing sites for clients, use MIT Commerce for a store that powerfully blends content and commerce.
- Create beautiful, enticing storefronts with themes suited to your brand and industry.
- Customize pages in minutes using modular product blocks.
- Showcase physical and digital goods, product variations, custom configurations, instant downloads, and affiliate items. Bookings, memberships, subscriptions, and dynamic pricing rules are only an extension away.
- Rise to the top of search results by leveraging MIT’ SEO advantage.
Built-in tools and popular integrations help you efficiently manage your business operations. Many services are free to add with a single click via the optional Setup Wizard.
- Choose how you want to get paid. Conveniently manage payments from the comfort of your store with MIT Commerce Payments (Available in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and now: Spain, France, Germany, and Italy). Securely accept cards, mobile wallets, bank transfers, and cash thanks to 100+ payment gateways – including Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- Configure your shipping options. Print USPS labels right from your dashboard and even schedule a pickup with MITCommerce Shipping (U.S.-only). Connect with well-known carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and Ship Station – plus a wide variety of delivery, inventory, and fulfillment solutions for your locale.
- Simplify sales tax. Add MIT Commerce Tax or similar integrated services to make automated calculations a reality.
Grow your business, add features, and monitor your store on the go
MITCommerce means business. Keep tabs on the performance metrics most important to you with MITCommerce Admin – a powerful, customizable central dashboard for your store.
Expand your audience across marketing and social channels with Google Ads, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Facebook integrations. You can always check out the in-dashboard Marketing Hub for fresh ideas and tips to help you succeed.
Enhance store functionality with hundreds of free and paid extensions from the official MITCommerce Marketplace. Our developers vet each new extension and regularly review existing inventory to maintain Marketplace quality standards. We are actively looking for products that help store builders create successful stores.
Manage your store from anywhere with the free MITCommerce mobile app (Android and iOS). Spoiler alert: Keep an ear out for the slightly addictive “cha-ching” notification sound each time you make a new sale!
Own and control your store data – forever
With MITCommerce, your data belongs to you. Always.
If you opt to share usage data with us, you can feel confident knowing that it’s anonymized and kept secure. Choose to opt-out at any time without impacting your store.
Unlike hosted eCommerce solutions, MITCommerce store data is future-proof; should you wish to migrate to a different platform, you’re free to export all your content and take your site wherever you choose. No restrictions.
Why developers choose (and love) MITCommerce
Developers can use MITCommerce to create, customize, and scale a store to meet a client’s exact specifications, making enhancements through extensions or custom solutions.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify or create functionality.
- Integrate virtually any service using a robust REST API and webhooks.
- Design and build custom content blocks with React.
- Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
- Speed up development with a lightning-fast CLI.
The core platform is tested rigorously and often, supported by a dedicated development team working across time zones. Comprehensive documentation is updated with each release, empowering you to build exactly the store required.
Be part of our growing international community
MITCommerce has a large, passionate community dedicated to helping merchants succeed, and it’s growing fast.
There are MITCommerce Meetups in locations around the world that you can attend for free and even get involved in running. These events are a great way to learn from others, share your expertise, and connect with like-minded folks.
MITCommerce also has a regular presence at Word Camps across the globe – we’d love to meet you.
Contribute and translate
MITCommerce is developed and supported by Automattic, the creators of mictbd.com . We also have hundreds of independent contributors, and there’s always room for more. Head to the MITCommerce GitHub Repository to find out how you can pitch in.
MITCommerce is translated into multiple languages, including Danish, Ukrainian, and Persian. Help localize MITCommerce even further by adding your locale .